Jen Jester graduated from the Midwives College of Utah with Bachelor of Science – Midwifery and passed her NARM boards to become a Certified Professional Midwife (CPM) in 2018. Jen is an entry level midwife that has studied under multiple preceptors, both CPMs and CNMs. Jen has been an active birth professional in the St. Louis area for 14 years as a DONA Int’l. trained doula and an Informed Beginnings Childbirth Educator since 2004 and 2009, respectively. She has guided over 400 families through their birth journey as a doula, childbirth educator, and birth assistant.
Jen pursues professional development and continuing education annually, and participates in monthly peer review with her collaborative partners and with the St. Louis Missouri Midwives Association chapter. Jen is certified in CPR for the Professional Responder and is certified in the Neonatal Resuscitation Program. Jen is a member of the Missouri Midwives Association (MMA) and the Midwives Alliance of North America (MANA). Jen is also a clinic provider and board member for Jamaa Birth Village in Ferguson, MO.
Jen is dedicated to serving the underserved and committed to providing services to any family that wishes for doula and midwifery care. Jen understands that few experiences can be as empowering and rewarding as realizing your body’s full potential to bring life into the world, and honors the sacred and vulnerable space of birth. Jen’s clients receive customized care, and are encouraged to make informed decisions based upon their unique labor experience. Jen believes that a birthing family, during the preparation for and process of giving birth, deserve emotional and physical support, guidance, choice, advocacy, and respect. Jen is a mother of 2, a yogi, a knitter, avid hiker, and lover of the outdoor sanctuary.
This journey is really about you and your birth, your preferences, and your experience. My job is to listen and work together with you to have a healthy and satisfying birth. My approach involves teamwork and shared decision making regarding your pregnancy, birth and postpartum experience. We, together, build the best plan for you and your family. You already know yourself best – it’s my job to provide you with appropriate recommendations and resources to keep you on track for your natural birthing experience in your home. I meet you where you are, gently encourage you to be your best self, and remain dynamic and poised to be your best midwife.
“She has a confident peace that made me feel at ease. She supported me during my pregnancy, answered questions, and changed the way I felt about my body. My husband loved having Jen because he felt like the pressure was off of him to be everything I needed while still having his own experience.”
The Care You Can Expect to Receive
Rights and Responsibilities of the Midwife
- Provide safe, competent, and evidence-based care during pregnancy, birth, and postpartum periods
- Disclosure of training, education, certification, and experience
- Clean and professional appearance
- Provide physician referral and prompt transfer, as indicated
- Provide clear requirements for payment of fees and services
- Provide information for filing a grievance
- Engage the client in shared decision making and informed choice
- Maintain transparency throughout client care
- Acknowledge the right and responsibility of the client to make decisions regarding their care
- Utilize sterile equipment, instruments, resuscitation measure and equipment, and therapies, as indicated
- Maintain certifications and professional trainings
- Participate in monthly peer reviews
- Maintain HIPAA compliant practice in accordance with NARM recommendations
- Provide the client with HIPAA Privacy and Security Disclosure (separate document)
- May withdraw care if it seems appropriate or necessary
- Document any refusal of care, treatment, procedure, therapy or testing
“She is fierce yet gentle. She has an intuition about her to guide you along your journey. She knows just what to say or do to help you achieve the birth you’re looking to have. She was with me in every moment, every contraction to keep me moving towards my goal.”